Communication project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anything to add for the interview with madeleine tomorrow?

3 posters

Go down

anything to add for the interview with madeleine tomorrow? Empty anything to add for the interview with madeleine tomorrow?

Post  abi riva Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:23 am

The Interview with Madeleine

I understand that my team and I have to make 3 videos (unconditional, conditional and deferred applicants) on the departments in Aberdeen Business School.

Firstly is it correct that you would like the 3 videos made on the following departments: Pre-Masters courses which involves a graduate certificate for information studies, management studies and project management. Accounting, Business & Management, Communication & Media, Hospitality, Tourism & Retail.

For each of the videos we would include RGU branding and would be an informal and relaxed tone. Have you got any preferences as to what you would like included in the videos? We thought they would each be about 2 minutes long. Does this suit you? A presenter would explain the process of how to apply and what happens through the process.

Ask Madeleine to explain more about the process of applying. And what she would like involved. Any key people she would like involved in the films. Would she like me to do surveys to current students as to how we can improve the process of applying and communication.

How can Admissions be improved for communication purposes?

It seems the biggest problem relies on communication, because in all three cases, there is a lack of communication between university and applicant. Do you think the problem lies in the frequency of communication between uni and applicant or in the efficiency of the communication?

What are the values that Admissions relies upon when promoting RGU? (integrity, innovation...)
Would you like us to promote these values within the videos? To what extent? What tone would you like for us to use? (i think abi wrote this one already)

Could you tell us some environmental risks that Admissions faced in the past? Is there a progress review chart that we can analyse? Basically, to what extent was the promotional campaign for postgrads successful or unsuccessful in the past?

abi riva
Admin

Back to top Go down

anything to add for the interview with madeleine tomorrow? Empty Re: anything to add for the interview with madeleine tomorrow?

Post  knivesareout Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:36 am

I think these question cover pretty much everything.
Maybe we should add some questions about and for the survey. I'm sure she'll agree for us to do a survey on previous and current post-grads.
Anyway, i think that's the first step we need to take after the interview (tha survey) and we should have a longer meeting this tuesday....maybe from 12 or something. I just realized it's november, we need to get things started...

knivesareout
Admin

Back to top Go down

anything to add for the interview with madeleine tomorrow? Empty Re: anything to add for the interview with madeleine tomorrow?

Post  abi riva Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:42 am

Great. Good idea, surveys are always good for up to date data. Any ideas what you would like the survey on? Maybe something like: when were you a postgraduate? what did you study? how did you find the process for applying? any improvements?
Izzy said last week that after you have met up with them the first time, companies are sometimes hard to get hold off. so i think asking her everything tomorrow. cause she may be busy other times.
Ill write down everything she says tomorrow. then i will email it to her to confirm everything ive written is correct. Are you ok for me to do this?
Yes try get the others too. Could you ask brano? And i'll ask linzi. 12:30 in costa? Madeilene emailed me to bring the interview forward slightly to 11am. i dont think i'll get everything covered in one hour.
Yes only a month to do 2 proposals and a presentation. Time to panic!!!

abi riva
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  knivesareout Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:54 am

haha, i know
Ok, I talked to Brano, he said he wants to join you and Madeleine...i think if two go then that might be better. There is no reason for me to come as well, 'cause, like we said last thursday, three people for an interview are too much.
Regarding the survey, i'll think of some questions as well...we need to make it a swift questionnaire with 4-5 questions at most, otherwise people won't have any time or interest to fill it in. We also should do it online, maybe ask Madeleine to give us the emails of this and last year's post-grads. Hopefully, that's legal 'n stuff...
Some question I can think of right now:
Were you a student at RGU until now?
(your question with the comm process is definitely important...)
Can you add a couple of words to sum up the communication experience with RGU during your post-grad year/years?
Something in those lines...
When are those 5000 words due?

knivesareout
Admin

Back to top Go down

anything to add for the interview with madeleine tomorrow? Empty meeting

Post  abi riva Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:00 am

haha, i know
Ok, I talked to Brano, he said he wants to join you and Madeleine...i think if two go then that might be better. There is no reason for me to come as well, 'cause, like we said last thursday, three people for an interview are too much.
Regarding the survey, i'll think of some questions as well...we need to make it a swift questionnaire with 4-5 questions at most, otherwise people won't have any time or interest to fill it in. We also should do it online, maybe ask Madeleine to give us the emails of this and last year's post-grads. Hopefully, that's legal 'n stuff...
Some question I can think of right now:
Were you a student at RGU until now?
(your question with the comm process is definitely important...)
Can you add a couple of words to sum up the communication experience with RGU during your post-grad year/years?
Something in those lines...
When are those 5000 words due?

Yea im speaking to brano on here just now. Weve sorted it out tomorrow so that ill ask the questions and he will write down what is been said. Much easier and more accurate in case I miss anything out.

It does need to pretty short and simple the survey, yes. One girl from law asked me a survey last week.. it took half an hour! Thats not what we want!!!

Thos questions are good. Ill use those 2. If you think of anymore today, post them on here. Ill keep this website on all day today, incase either of yous post something up.
5000 words for group proposal and 2000 (i think, maybe 1500) for individual and pres. i think its round about 17th december. it says on moodle.

abi riva
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  knivesareout Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:12 am

whoa, shit....i'm not that awesome to not be a little panicked as well now...anyway, it'll be fine..
Btw, is anybody going away for consolidation week? If not, we can use that week to our advantage a bit and make up for lost time....

knivesareout
Admin

Back to top Go down

anything to add for the interview with madeleine tomorrow? Empty meeting

Post  abi riva Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:21 am

Tee hee i know. How about tomorrow we get a week by week planner sorted to the day it all has to be handed in by then? SO we have certain tasks to do each week and therefore it will get done in time for the deadline.

I am not away no.. linzi is though. I agree. We have class thursday afternoon, because izzy was ill week before last. so she is resheduled class for next week. We could meet 2 times next week. and have quite lengthy meetings I think. Try get lots done I think. I dont know my work rota yet, I unfortunately wont find out until Friday this week. But as soon as I find out, ill let you know. Hope this suits yo Smile

abi riva
Admin

Back to top Go down

anything to add for the interview with madeleine tomorrow? Empty Ok.

Post  Linzicraig Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:29 pm

abi riva wrote:Tee hee i know. How about tomorrow we get a week by week planner sorted to the day it all has to be handed in by then? SO we have certain tasks to do each week and therefore it will get done in time for the deadline.

I am not away no.. linzi is though. I agree. We have class thursday afternoon, because izzy was ill week before last. so she is resheduled class for next week. We could meet 2 times next week. and have quite lengthy meetings I think. Try get lots done I think. I dont know my work rota yet, I unfortunately wont find out until Friday this week. But as soon as I find out, ill let you know. Hope this suits yo Smile

Hello! Im not away for consolidation week, so im available for meetings Etc. I think the week by week would be a great idea, just to ensure nothing is missed out. Now that im back online I can get into any tasks etc that are needing done.

Linzicraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum