Communication project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeline questions

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Madeline questions Empty Madeline questions

Post  abi riva Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:19 pm

Any ideas for what we should ask Madeline in the interview?

abi riva
Admin

Back to top Go down

Madeline questions Empty Re: Madeline questions

Post  Brano Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:36 pm

-what is her idea of that videos

Brano
Admin

https://comproject.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Brano Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:44 pm

anyway i think that she will have complete vision of how she wants this done.

Brano
Admin

Back to top Go down

Madeline questions Empty okay.. I was hoping for us to expand a bit more.. I thought to ask something like below.

Post  abi riva Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:47 am

The Interview with Madeleine

I understand that my team and I have to make 3 videos (unconditional, conditional and deferred applicants) on the departments in Aberdeen Business School.

Firstly is it correct that you would like the 3 videos made on the following departments: Pre-Masters courses which involves a graduate certificate for information studies, management studies and project management. Accounting, Business & Management, Communication & Media, Hospitality, Tourism & Retail.

For each of the videos we would include RGU branding and would be an informal and relaxed tone. Have you got any preferences as to what you would like included in the videos? We thought they would each be about 2 minutes long. Does this suit you? A presenter would explain the process of how to apply and what happens through the process.

Ask Madeleine to explain more about the process of applying. And what she would like involved. Any key people she would like involved in the films. Would she like me to do surveys to current students as to how we can improve the process of applying and communication.

How can Admissions be improved for communication purposes?

abi riva
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  knivesareout Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:20 am

Oh, this is good. I thought of some in the same line, i'll try to add some:

It seems the biggest problem relies on communication, because in all three cases, there is a lack of communication between university and applicant. Do you think the problem lies in the frequency of communication between uni and applicant or in the efficiency of the communication?

What are the values that Admissions relies upon when promoting RGU? (integrity, innovation...)
Would you like us to promote these values within the videos? To what extent? What tone would you like for us to use? (i think abi wrote this one already)

Could you tell us some environmental risks that Admissions faced in the past? Is there a progress review chart that we can analyse? Basically, to what extent was the promotional campaign for postgrads successful or unsuccessful in the past?

NOTE: This is what I came up with...of course we should brainstorm further, but I think the most important questions have been mentioned already.

knivesareout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  knivesareout Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:24 am

and brano's right....she probably already has an idea of how things should be done, but these questions might parametrize her ideas better for us to understand....

P.S: Just off-topic, go see the social network, itz da shit

knivesareout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brano Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:41 am

when and where is that meeting ? i would like to meet her as well

Brano
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brano Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:42 am

if it is possible Wink

Brano
Admin

Back to top Go down

Madeline questions Empty meeting

Post  abi riva Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:43 am

I am meeting madeleine tomorrow at 11am. If you could come, that would be such a help. ive a lot of questions to ask her. So you could take the notes down. How does that sound?

abi riva
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brano Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:44 am

srry for being late, still kind of exhausted. i arrived to aberdeen this morning at 3 AM.

Brano
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brano Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:44 am

great. where is that meeting going to happen ?

Brano
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  abi riva Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:48 am

Goodness you must be very tired, no probs. I understand. Where did you go for your holiday?

She said for me to ask for madeleine at reception. And they would point me in the right direction.

abi riva
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brano Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:56 am

ok then. i ll put down all main points and i ll meet u tomorrow around 10:30 in front of business building. please feel free to post any other questions if any will cross your mind.

i was back home, but it all went berserk...

Brano
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brano Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:57 am

btw do we have fourth member finally ?

Brano
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  abi riva Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:02 am

Yes we do. Her names linzi craig. Shes is in our media class. She has blonde hair, quite long and curly. Tall. Usually sits at the front near jack for media class.

I met up with her last week but she doesnt have internet. She said she 'needs to top it up, but has not got round to doing it yet'.

I have texted her about tomorrows meeting but she hasnt got back to me. Ive also told her about this forum, but she said she cant with no net.

Cant say I havent tried...

abi riva
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  knivesareout Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:17 am

hah, well that's great...maybe she'll come tomorrow for media history and we can talk to her...
(Brano, where did you buy your bikie from? I was thinking of doing that, but rain and dudes on bikes hate eachother....I wanna buy a cheap one to use it on sunny days...)

knivesareout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  abi riva Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:23 am

Aye she is usually in media history class. Ill point her out to you tomorrow! Will try to be as suttle as poss!

Bout the bike thing.. i so want to buy one. Save lots of money compared to getting the bus eh?! Probs get from argos.

abi riva
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brano Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:40 am

this is the easiest way
http://becycle.wordpress.com/library/

Brano
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  abi riva Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:47 am

Cool.. how about we all go a week thursday?

A team bondage sesh!

abi riva
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  knivesareout Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:49 am

haha, that sounds great...thanks for the website...i was just looking on argos and I saw the cheapest and fairly decent bike was 99 pounds...i just wanna get a rusty piece of shit for 30 or something but free is better...

knivesareout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  abi riva Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:14 am

Cool well try get linzi on this too! She is meeting us tomorrow at 12:30 at costa. Very Happy try charity shops. Although you may be searching a while for one. Or the Scot Ads newspaper, they have heaps of second hand bikes going at cheap prices.

abi riva
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  knivesareout Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:41 am

hah ok...btw we should book a class or something...i did that with my group last year every time we had a longer meeting...or we used to go at an underground group study area in the library...i don't know if that is ment to be booked or something...it's basically on the 1st floor, under the main floor of the library..does this makes sense? it's also pretty hidden, like a secret chamber...anyway, we can try going there tomorrow...

knivesareout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  abi riva Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:19 am

im at the gym early morning then meeting with madeleine.

Class idea sounds good, more quiet and less distractions. Do you want to see if we can get it booked out tomorrow 12 - 1:30pm??

abi riva
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  knivesareout Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:19 am

Yeah i talked to the guy who did all the booking and he said that that study area is not for booking...you can just book certain classes if you want to, but there is no need for that..we can just go in that room, the study area and it;s better than the cafeteria...so we meet at costa anyway at 12.30 and then we can go to the "underground chamber"
it's actually a normal room with books n shit...i don't know why i make it sound like an s&m donkey bondage show...

knivesareout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  knivesareout Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:34 am

oh sorry, i just read your last comment abi...i can try and book one but i think it's not gonna work...the website says you need to book it well in advance..maybe for our next meeting...i should've thought of that...

knivesareout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next